Recreate pre-existing logo so as to interject humor and satire into the images/text. The final product should maintain logo recognition while striking a balance with humor. (See examples below)
(1) Research published logos - ideograms. Select one to redesign.
(2) Recreate the message. For example: Bed, Bath & Beyond could turn into Bed Bugs & Beyond.
(3) Research font used in original logo. Use the same font in your own work if possible, or at the very least a font that closely resembles the font being used. Check out sites like www.dafont.com to download free fonts.
(4) Use the same color schematic as found on the original logo. Employ the Eye Dropper Tool in Illustrator to the get the exact color profile.
(5) When creating illustrations for your revised logo, strike a balance between the original imagery and that of your imagination.